Monday, November 1, 2010

Contra 4, DS

Introduction Animations

I was lucky enough to have worked on this project for WayForward Technologies.
Using Photoshop and After Effects to create this sequence, I had many tasks ahead of me.
My first pass was to cut out sketches and animate them for a stand in for the game.
After receiving the paintings from an outsourced art group, I then dove headfirst into cutting the images into multiple planes for animation. Placing the new layers into After Effects was my next task and begin final animation. I also created the "Flaming C" at the beginning to give it some punch. I designed the readout interfaces and screens. After this was complete, the game was ported to Japanese and they had some new art that I had to replace as well as the text.

No comments:

Post a Comment